Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The noodle dream


I cannot be the only one that has had the noodle dream!?! Why are we in this business and what keeps us going? I get this question a lot. It's sure not the money. Even though that's really nice. Everyone has a passion, something we love to do. For the duck dad in Kung Fu Panda it was noodles. For me it's cake. Cake shows, cake art, cupcakes, pastry paintings, cupcake tattoos, all cake all the time. I am the duck dad. Sad for my poor little panda, Kaley. When I have a wedding cake I am in the zone. I am focused, jazzed and anxious. I dream it, and make it 100 times over and over in my head. Sometimes I see a crucial flaw in my design and am able to adjust my plans so it will work better. I giggle, hum and pray when I make a cake. I am in love like a teenager. I am so happy when I step back and look at it. So sad when something fails. Thats not often, THANK GOD. If you haven't had the noodle dream I feel you are not following your true path. My thoughts for the moment.

No comments: