Thursday, April 2, 2009

Artie Isaac

No picture today just ramblings. So....... I live on the outskirts of Gambier. Gambier, as most of you know, is home to Kenyon College. Last night I had just got home and sat down when my phone went off. I had forgotten I put a lecture down in my calendar. Sometimes the public is allowed to go to the speakers at Kenyon, something must have cought my eye about this one. So I told my hubby "I'm off to a lecture". He was not impressed.
When I arrived, I sat myself down with the college students and felt pretty awesome. Awesome until they bypassed me with the sign in form. (What!?!, I don't look like a 20 year old college student? Hurtful...lol.) Anywho, I was very surprised to see the speaker was a thin man with excentric hair (yup, the lady with pink hair is picking on him) and a bowtie. You don't see bowties often, shame really. What followed was one of the best lectures I have ever seen. Creativity was the title. I would like to encourage everyone to check out this guys site www.artieisaac.com . If I had any doubts about our business being the path we should take, they were erased. He was encouraging, quirky and very colorful. Three things I hold very dear to my heart. I only wish I had brought a paper and pencil to take notes. I did however have a chance to txt some stuff into my phone. Things I am going to do and blog about.....
#1 Ask 100 SMART people something they think I should know. And WRITE IT DOWN. I never write things down. I am so intrested in what I will learn. Brilliant idea really, thanks Artie.
#2 The cause of my anxiety is I do not have the knowledge to face my challenges. DUH! And I thought my crazy pills weren't working. So, my task is to GET SMARTER. LOL!
#3 Read a book. I have not read a book in ages. I am always running around and I don't sit still. I am going to read The Artists Way, by Cameron. Already talked to the book store lady and it is waiting for me.
So, three things. I think thats good. Hoping it will make me a better person and a better business owner. This guy is out of Columbus so I am hoping someday he will stop by the shop. Thats it for now, Beth

1 comment:

Artie Isaac said...

How lovely. Thanks for your kind words. They warm my heart.

Our visit to Kenyon was so delightful. What a place!

-- Artie